Sunday, October 9, 2011

Three Avocado Trees

My mother has an avocado tree and we eat avocado with everything when we’re at her place.  Such opulence!  So I am trying to sprout some avocado trees.  I have three fine looking pits suspended above jars of water.  They have been sitting there for a little over a week and each have a tiny little tail root but no other evidence of growth so far.  I know that we will be here for at least 3 years, maybe 4, so chances are we will have our first harvest before we leave.  Of course, I’m going to have to buy some big ol’ pots to grow them in – they’ll have to live indoors in the snowy winter – but I am an optimist about this operation!  Maybe we’ll move to Florida one day and they can be transplanted into the ground.  Green card permitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment