Sunday, October 16, 2011

I never knew what I was missing

We have been really lucky: we have had beautifully warm, t-shirt and shorts type weather for the passed couple of weeks.  This week, fall came for real!  Suddenly there were leaves everywhere.  I was on pick up duty for a couple of tykes I look after which meant I had the privilege of driving around and really seeing the full glory.  

I have never seen so much colour.  One tree can be a rainbow in itself. Not just the oranges and browns I imagined but a whole display of pinks, yellows, reds and every green in between.  I can't believe how beautiful it is.  People and books have described it to me.  Baltimore also had a bit of this glory they call fall (but sooo much concrete in between).  Now I know why we only ever call it Autumn in Auckland, NZ.  Of course, I taught said tykes to look for the largest bundle of leaves and walk through it, enjoying the swish swish rustle beneath our feet. It took us f-or-ev-a to get to the car.

2 comments:

  1. remind me of your car? where did you acquire it?? did i forget this story or miss it entirely? and i think we are very similar in our nanny styles. :) i LOVE piling hiero up in leaves and educating him on the glories of creepie crawlies :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. no car, I use their car when I'm on pick-up. It was for a week but now it won't happen again for a while.

    ReplyDelete