Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Columbus Day


Yesterday was a strange day.  We were supposed to drive to Indianapolis in the afternoon to look at pianos but there were no zipcars available at short notice.  This was kind of annoying seeing as we’d forgotten to book and were probably lazy about it because they’re always available on weekdays.  We’d been planning the trip for a couple of weeks now and what I’d thought would be a super busy day turned into a lazy, empty day. 

Because I was kind of bored, I kept checking the mail to see if it had come.  I generally see the postie rock up to our boxes and if I don’t see him, I hear him.  But I was giving him (or myself?) the benefit of the doubt and walked the few metres THREE TIMES, just in case he had come while I wasn’t looking or in hearing distance (I really do love getting mail).  On my last checking, I realised that facebook had informed me that it was Columbus Day.  Government holiday = no postie.   Maybe that’s why there were no cars available?  Except that the holiday hardly seems to affect anyone. Who knows, maybe the piano shops would have been closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment