Friday, October 21, 2011

The legacy that we leave


I heard a great sermon a while back about how we all leave a legacy behind.  I think this is true of everybody.  I know that when my uncle died at 4 years old, his mother grieved for him for the rest of her life.  She wouldn’t talk about him but there was a picture of him on her mantle.  She grieved even though she had 5 living children (3 born after his death).   He affected all of his brothers and sisters and then his nieces and nephews in some way.  My cousins have even recently named their baby Hugh (I’m assuming because of him, they probably also thought it was a nice name). He was too young to do much but he left a legacy anyway, maybe because he was loved by someone.  It makes me think about my actions and what legacy I will leave depending on the choices I make.

1 comment:

  1. ooh good word, friend. thanks for sharing. :) always good to have these kind of reminders.

    ReplyDelete