Monday, November 5, 2012

The heartbeat

I had my first visit with a midwife today which has made me feel a bit better about giving birth to a baby all the way over here.  I had to give two urine samples - I'm not exactly sure why - and a lot of blood for different tests.  I guess if you've had a baby before, this is all pretty standard stuff.  But is it standard to have a sense of overwhelming excitement and happiness on hearing the baby's heartbeat?  I'm sure it is.  For me, it was a lovely thing to experience. 

3 comments:

  1. yay! the heartbeat is such a wonderful reminder that it's a little person in there, not just something that makes you sick and tired and poor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was beginning to doubt myself. Maybe I just have a really bad flu? Happy news that I found a midwife, but in my excitement, I forgot to ask her what being a midwife means to her...in other words, why I should use her instead of a regular doctor...oh well. Still happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing else quite like that excitement as you go through all the wonders of your first pregnancy!! I remember and treasure those memories well!

    ReplyDelete