Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Touristing till we drop

We have been running around this citty filled with history and country music - Nashville, TN.  Soph lent us her GPS and it has opened my eyes to easy navigating systems.  I don't think I'll go back to the printed google map directions Jbird and I keep trying to survive on, and getting lost with all the time.  Life is very nice when you can type in an address and be directed there by a small talking and moving map.  As I'm sure you all already know.   It's nice to come south, too, because the weather is a tiny bit warmer and my folks have been able to see the fall colours in more glory than they have seen them so far, all the leaves have dropped north of here.

Nashville is a great place to visit, as I've mentioned beforeThere's too much to see, and it's very accessible.  We saw Elvis's gold piano and his diamond painted and white gold finished Cadillac at the country music museum.  We visited the Ryman auditorium: the birthplace of bluegrass.  We had lunch at a cute little French cafe, my favourite kind of place to eat.  We also visited Belmont Mansion, a house owned by the richest woman in America around the 1860s.  Our guide was amazing, she'd memorised her book and knew all the answers and more.  The house itself was beautifully restored with a lot of original artefacts.  These people were sooooo rich, it's nuts.  I wonder what we have in store for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment