Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A night out

We ate at one of the nicest restaurants in Bloomington last night, Restaurant Tallent.  Jbird's teacher takes us there once a year.  It's the only restaurant he and his wife will eat at and he loves to stretch out the evening from appetizers right through to the digestif.  It's difficult eating out when you're pregnant.  There are so many no-nos, it can be quite mind boggling.  I know I ate at least two by accident - salami and a blue cheese sauce.  Oh well.  

I shared the beets with Justin for the first course.  Beets have magical properties in them and we've been having raw beet salad a lot at home recently.  For my main, I had the scallops with pigs belly.  When it arrived at the table it seemed really small, with only three scallops on it, but I found that the scallops with the pigs belly were more than I could eat.  The vegetables were divine, though unrecognisable - popcorn puree, spaghetti squash, pickled onion, and pecan.  For dessert I tried to share the persimmon bread pudding with Jbird but he'd had lamb for his main and had no more room.  Scattered throughout the evening we were also served crispy sour dough, a delicious meat and cheese platter, and some freshly made doughnuts with ricotta, and the aforementioned digestif.  I'm still fill this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment