Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The windy city

We've arrived in Chicago minus Jbird who is busy with work at school.  Just as we were about to leave Bloomington it started to snow.  This seemed crazy as yesterday was a lovely warm day when I didn't even put a jacket on or wear my slippers around the house.  It seems we got those bulbs in in time for a frost.  The snow was a blessing as it sent me scurrying back inside to increase the winter clothes I was already bringing, grabbing some tights and singlets*, and warmer winter shoes.  It turns out that this city has had me the very coldest I have been since last winter, and I am extremely grateful for those extra warm clothes.  

If you've been to Chicago, we're doing all the normal things and a few others.  Today we stopped in at the local library**, watched the sun set and the city light up from the top of the Willis nee Sears tower,  had dinner in what our waiter told us was Al Capone's booth at a local Italian restaurant***, and stopped in at the Millennium park to see the giant bean and the sound shell. 

We've sourced a free concert for tomorrow night and have some other plans besides, many thanks to a feed on my newly restored facebook page****.  We're having fun but I wish Jbird were here too.  

*singlets - kiwi word for undershirts. 
** American cities have fantastic libraries and I should remember to always include them on my city to-do lists
*** of course he told us that but it was fun to pretend it was true
****yes, I returned

2 comments:

  1. WHAT>>!!! you are bac on facebook?? That needs a post to explain please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back! I don't know if it really deserves a post...now that I'm not studying, I hardly use the computer and have much better fb boundaries...

    ReplyDelete