Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fun news

I have been dying to share some news for a really long time now and here we are, at the end of the first trimester, and I finally can.  We're expecting a baby!  We are 12 weeks into the pregnancy.  I wonder if any of my previous posts gave it away...I spoke about napping often, eating a lot.  I'm not sure what else, though I avoided any mention of nausea.  Falling asleep around 9pm - as mentioned yesterday - has become a common theme in my life too.   Are you even more impressed at my valiant effort to finish my degree?  It was hard at times but at least my morning sickness wasn't so bad that I ever threw up.  

I was surprised to learn that during the first two weeks of gestation, we're not even pregnant so that our gestation is actually 8 1/2 months instead of 9.  A friend of mine pointed out that someone could be 9 days pregnant without having yet ovulated...It felt like such a weird thing to learn this late in the game.  I mean, I'm 31!

Mum and Dad arrived yesterday, a day late after missing a connecting flight.  They've brought bags of baby clothes from my sister, as well as nappies and a nappy bag.  Mum and I are planning all the knitting we want to do for the baby too.  We're looking for a midwife and have finally found a lead.  That was the 'hard thing' I'd been putting off which I wrote about the other day.  Jbird and I are very excited and now that we're three months through, it's starting to feel a little bit more real.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So will the baby be born in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome news!!!!!!!!! Don't care that I already new, still exciting to read about it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and what a great surprise. I am so happy for you and had no idea. Love liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Liz, I guess I told mum not to tell people but then was kind of lifted and who knows how to announce these things? You'll be a great-Aunt again! Sounds like a good excuse to visit the US to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWWWWWWW!!! Congratulations!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete