Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Music from heaven

In early September, we drove to Indianpolis to watch this concert.   Professor Pressler is on the piano faculty at IU.  Have I told you about the reputation of most of the music faculty?  Whenever I ask a student who they're learning from, they say their teachers' name and always follow it with a significant pause because invariably their teacher is fairly famous.  I'm no good with famous classical musician's names but I'm getting much better at offering an impressed smile even if I've never heard of them.  Anyway, Pressler is another such fancy piano teacher at IU and I've seen him play a few times.  His playing is like...silken caramel.  I bet he has made a lot of recordings if you wanted to find something pretty to listen to.  

During the concert, they played some music that could only have been formed in heaven, it was so beautiful.  It was the Schumann Piano Quartet in E-flat Major for violin, viola, cello and piano, Op. 47. The third movement is particularly stunning, have a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment