Thursday, October 4, 2012

Changing my grocery shopping routine

I have been feeling blah about our diet recently.  Waffles, cinnamon/raisin bread, cake, cheese toasties.  Smells like white flour and sugar to me.  Then of course, white flour does the same thing for you as sugar... So I've decided to challenge myself to only buy produce at the supermarket this week*.  I never buy more than I need because I hate throwing it away, but I think I have only been buying us one serving of fruit a day instead of 2.5 (the point five goes on my breakfast in the morning).  Fruit always feels a bit pricey to me so I am stingy when I buy it.  I find cooking dinner easier if I have lots of different vegetables to choose from that I can add to the the meal so if I buy the right things, I should find it easier to cook.  I feel better just thinking about it. 
 
*I can never make it to the farmer's market because we have busy Saturday mornings.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Annabel in a couple of weeks all the study pressure will be gone - praying for you this morning.

    ReplyDelete