Monday, October 22, 2012

Home James and don't spare the horses

We survived the driving, arriving back an hour ago at 9am.  This return trip was the most dreaded trip out of the whole weekend because I knew we'd both be tired after our busy weekend and who wants to go home when you've had so much fun?  We had less time to get home so we took the driving in shifts and it worked surprisingly well.  Jbird turned the back seat into a very cosy bed, with a sleeping bag and pillows and we both slept quite well when we weren't driving.  He hung jackets over the windows to black out the street lights.  I took the 7:30-10:30am shift and the 2-5am shift.  We both slept from 5-7:30 so we made pretty good time.  Cruise control is amazing for trips like these. 

I've had a bath and unpacked my bags.  I'm in bed now and am going to take a nap before I face the day.  My essay is sitting in my inbox with some great feedback from pre-reading so I need to work pretty hard today and tomorrow to turn it into a better essay than it is and that's foremost on my mind. Wedding and trip details will come in future posts.

*the title of this post is something my mother always used to say when we were on our way home.  I thought I'd explain it because you may not recognise it as something someone might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment