Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Toaster oven envy

Yes, I have it!  My friend has such a fancy toaster oven.  It's amazing, you can press what ever temperature you want it to be and it doesn't need any heating up time, it's ready to go straight away.  I'm always heating up the oven just to cook one little item for a really short time.  It can be really annoying if I forget to pre-heat it before I do my prep.  With the fancy toaster oven, there's no waiting to be had.  I love cooking bacon in her toaster oven.  We put tinfoil on the tray, the bacon cooks beautifully to the perfect crispness, and then the foil just gets wrapped up and thrown away.  No mess, perfect bacon. I imagine it would be fantastic in the summer.  Our oven heats up our flat so much that I often found myself putting on the AC to counteract its heat. Unfortunately if we were to get a toaster oven, our kitchen's bench space would be all gone - covered in a jungle of appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment