Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What would you do if you holidayed in the Mid West?

When Jbird first auditioned at IU, my reaction was: but we won't live there, will we?  This place was at the bottom of my list for desired locations.  I thought the Midwest was the in middle of nowhere and I couldn't imagine not being on the east coast.  I figured Jbird would go to his audition, have a good time visiting his sister, and that would be the end of it.  All things considered, it's not such a bad place to be.  I've never lived in a town before but without a car, it's nice that everything is so convenient.  People will say on the other side of town which sounds far away, but it turns out that's just a 20 minute bike ride away.  My parents are visiting in a few weeks and I've been wondering what to do with them.  Chicago's just up the road, and I think Dad has some interest in going down to Nashville, TN.  I'm going to convince them Louisville and St. Louis might be nice towns to visit two.  They're all just a few hours down the road.  It'll be a Midwestern adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment