Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tomato cook up

We are having a tomato cook up bonanza as the last of the tomatoes from our garden ripen.  This has included soup, pasta sauce, canned tomatoes and some tomato chili chutney.  For the latter, Mum had brought some chilli peppers from her friends in Lake Tahoe and they attacked me!  Having lightly touched my nose with my chilli stained hand, it started to drip.  So I blew it.  But more chilli went through the thick paper towel from my hands to my face and before I knew it, the skin around my nose was burning and it was right down my nose and into my throat making me cough and sneeze and cough and sneeze.  What a powerful vegetable.  From then on, I handled the chilli peppers with gloved hands.  The chutney is delicious but I held back on the chilli because of the attack so it's not quite as spicy as I would like it to be.  There are still a few tomatoes left so I'm going to look around for one more recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment