Sunday, November 11, 2012

44 more days until...

...Christmas! Or so the little machine at Walmart told me yesterday.  I'm feeling rather proud of myself because over just two days I managed to buy all the most necessary Christmas pressies for NZ to send back with my parents.  I like to give but our 'belts are tight' so to speak, and there's the whole question of getting the items back to NZ.  Postage is phenomenal, often doubling or even trippling the price of the cheap little items we send over.   Needless to say, the NZ present side of Christmas can be quite overwhelming.   Last year I flew over to Heather and Tom's wedding just before so it was an easy Christmas to prepare for.  This year we're lucky to have Mum and Dad here to be our Christmas elves.  Unfortunately, Mum is a bit of a shop-a-holic so space is tight and I've tried to keep the packages small and minimal - immediate family only.  Over the passed couple of years I have made many the gifts - I had the time and the inclination - but I'm currently going through a not-very-crafty phase so all of these items are bought though I expect to make some things for people here.  It didn't feel overwhelming at all.  Now I can get on with the pleasant side of Christmas.  Or maybe I'll wait a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment