Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Piano Man

The day I learned that The Piano Man was written by Billy Joel, I went out and bought his The Ultimate Collection.  There's nothing like a great compilation album to provide all the great hits I need to give me an essential education on an artist.  I'm sorry that I've never branched away from this album, either.  In my late 20s I decided that collecting music was an expensive hobby I could no longer afford.  Also, every time I listen to this one album, I am immediately satisfied by this vast collection of songs: 36 in total.  I have even grown to like the 80s twang that is riddled throughout it.  I find it humorous that this album sat at number two in the charts in New Zealand for thirty weeks between 2001 and 2003: higher, and for longer, than anywhere else. This is according to the Wiki-article I linked there for you.

Ah Billy, you have so many truths to tell us about life, love, and daily living.

4 comments:

  1. For a variety of reasons, I have now managed to miss the opportunity to see him in concert 3 different times. I am now resolved that next time, I'm buying a gold class ticket the day they go on sale. Here's hoping you can come with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mobile comment. It seems I'll be destined to make only brief comments from now on. I wonder if that's a curse or a blessing?

    ReplyDelete