Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Signs of a change

We awoke to snow covered ground on Monday but I could swear it was light until 7 pm yesterday AND we get to change our clocks this coming Sunday morning.  Besides that, the temperature has hit the 60s and 70s Fahrenheit more than twice.  If 32 is freezing, then those temperatures give me great confidence, I feel very optimistic about the imminent end of this long, dreary winter.

I've been stockpiling gardening items - tools, soil, seeds.  Today I plan to turn my compost and see if any of it's useable yet.  Regardless of that, I'll work a layer of store-bought manure/dirt into the prepared areas and dig up a little spot our neighbour pointed out: she wants to sow some flowering seeds.  Going by a calendar for zone 6, I will start some seeds indoors and wait a little while longer before planting any outdoors.  

This all makes me very happy, it's about all I can think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment