Thursday, March 22, 2012

Zotero

My professor wanted me to pay for and download a particular bibliography/referencing software which was linked to the university's online resources and heavily discounted for students - Endnote.  I wanted to yell at somebody: please stop taking my money and decided I would create my own table system within Mword.  It looked really lame.  Endnote sounded like it'd take all the thinking out of creating an APA style bibliography as required for all classes in my program but lets be honest, my bibliographies have always been fine and they don't take all that much thinking.

A few days later, someone from the university suggested downloading the free program: Zotero.  I did.  It works!  I input the data and click on some buttons, finally pasting directly onto my Mword document and voila, a lovely bibliography appears.  All italics, punctuation, line spacing and positioning of data in its correct place.  Loverly.

No comments:

Post a Comment