Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fish n Chips

We bought two little fishies last week.  They're our celebration fish as we managed to get the student allowance from studylink, NZ, for my degree.  My situation is unusual so the application process was a bit touch and go. 

We've called them Fish n Chips to remind us of home.  They're blue, orange, and silver, and were really little when we got them but have already grown considerably.  It's interesting to see how busy they are, all the time, swimming around in their little bowl.  Sometimes chasing each other and even nipping at each other, other times just following the other around, or swimming alone.  It's captivating to watch and our students have been drawn to them too.  

It's nice to have this little commitment, another reminder that we're here for at least two more years, though I don't hold high expectations on our ability to keep them alive that long. 

2 comments:

  1. Awe that is cute! I miss good old fish n chips from somewhere that isn't.. you know.. landlocked. :) Ahh, London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot bear to go into Long John Silver here. I just don't think they'll get the lemon pepper seasoning quite right (even though it was probably invented here). And if I ask for fish and chips, will I get chips(fries) or chippies(chips). I want fries but I say chips.

    ReplyDelete