Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm Stumped

I'm stumped about what to get my father for his birthday.  Dad, any ideas?  He has everything he needs.  If he doesn't have it, he buys it.  Does anyone else have a similar problem with anyone in their family?  

My Dad's birthday isn't until May but my family who are reading this should refrain from all judgement.  They have an American guest coming on the 21st of this month and she is going to be my pack horse.  I plan to send her three birthday presents, weighing less than a total of one pound/half a kilogram.  But first, I must think of a most suitable present for my Dad.

6 comments:

  1. He loves DVD's but not Lord of the Rings as I discovered at fathers day. More comedy's or classical - only problem is your zoning you would need to buy online for nz delievery - maybe the Wharehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kate, that is a grand idea! BUT I think I came up with a whole different one so now I can save yours till Dad's-Day! Here's hoping my idea wasn't used up last Dad's day...I just can't remember...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've fallen a few days behind, and I don't have a helpful suggestion for you, I just wanted to commiserate that yes, I do have relatives just like that! My sister fits the categories you mention, and is also difficult because she has no hobbies, and also has really specific tastes, so I can't default to an item of Jewellery or clothing, because it'll be the wrong thing
    She's also been known to let vouchers expire by never getting around to spending them. For some time now I've been threatening her with an Oxfam Unwrapped gift for someone who'll actually make good use of my investment, and I finally did it this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did the right thing, Anderina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do this every year for a couple of my friends who have everythig too!

    ReplyDelete