Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gammy Legged Ducklings

I have made a lot of amigurumi creations but they're always gifts for someone's children.  So under the guise of Valentines day, I made us two little love birds.   

I didn't have a pattern.  Creating something without a pattern is always a bit tricky so they took me longer than I intended.  I decided to put rice in their bodies so they actually stand up, causing me no end of pride.  Somewhere along the way, they became ducklings. The webbed toes were really hard to design, I had to remake them a bunch of times.  No matter how hard I tried, the fourth foot would not turn out like the other three.  Somehow the boy one is taller than the girl one.  We also know she's a girl because of a pink star button on her front and her pretty blue/green button-eyes.  The boy is wearing a little tie. 

On presentation to Jbird, he wondered "and what will I do with these?"  Well, Mr. Bird, they will sit on the piano and reside over our house.  When we fight, they may just learn to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment