Thursday, February 16, 2012

Listia

When we first moved to Bloomington in August last year, I didn't have much to do and I found a website offering free stuff: Listia.com.  If you don't have any money and you have a lot of time, or a lot of spare stuff lying around that you want to get rid of, this is the site for you.  It's an auction site, similar to ebay, except that credits are earned and spent, rather than money.  A lot of the items have free shipping, too.  

Initially you are given quite a few free credits for doing things like going through an orientation.  Unfortunately, after that initial zing of credits, the best way to earn more credits is by listing auctions and sending things to people but Jbird and I don't have many items we don't want.  I put some mugs up for a while, just to get the credits for listing an auction, but I didn't make them appealing because I didn't really want to lose them. 

While I was using the site, I won a couple of auctions of different seeds so I'm all set for the spring.  I wonder when I can start planting.  We had snow this week so I don't think it will be for a while yet.

p.s. If you want to sign up to Listia.com, please please please let me refer you first as we will both get extra credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment