Friday, February 24, 2012

The End is Nigh

Is that title a little melodramatic?  It's the last day of school holidays.  I'm not sure what that means: school holidays aren't quite the same when your seasons are all upside down and inside out.  My trip to NZ is a distant memory, I don't have a tan, summery anecdotes, or any starting-school-again new clothes.  What did I do this summer?  Try not to mope?  Everyday, everything type stuff?  At least it was fuel for this blog.  

I'm celebrating by having lunch with my brand new friend, C.  It's our first date, is posting about it a little tumeke?*  I hope not,  she's a pretty courageous type of lady, prone to enthusiasm and writing.  Perhaps she'll appreciate it?  We're such new friends that I can't think up a good nickname for her because I don't really know anything about her except that if you tell her a word, she will be able to sing at least four words of a song that uses that original word.  That's impressive!  I haven't witnessed this personally as yet, but I have it on good account.  If you love everything musical (circa 1980s, '90s, '00s, probably), check out her blog, Ear Snax.  She has a new post almost every day and it's divine. 

*Tumeke: too much/awesome/over the top.  Whatever superlative type wordy thing you'd like, really.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely not "tumeke"! :) Though I am now ready to take a nap after that delicious food & excellent conversation... *SNORRRRE*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, biking home was kind of torturous with all those hills! My legs did not want to do it.

    ReplyDelete