Friday, February 10, 2012

A Happy Cupcake

I've been inspired recently to bake cupcakes.  I know, I'm a little behind the get go as they've been a popular bake for a few years now.  It's because I've made quite a few bad batches in the past which has put me off baking them.  So now I'm being particular about my recipes, choosing those that are carefully constructed, and following each step meticulously.

I want to experiment with pretty decorations but I seem to run out of steam by the time I put the frosting on.  Last week, Jbird and I trialled creating little musical symbols out of melted chocolate and popping them upright into the frosting.  It was easy and effective. 

The recipe I've been using recently has whisked egg whites folded into the batter, making for a light, soft cake.  If only it weren't deliciousness in a little paper cup, I'd move onto a new flavour. 

2 comments:

  1. Maddie and I made delicious cupcakes too! Passionfruit - with Passionfruit which we collected having fallen from our vine. We were lucky enough to share them with the Kirkby-Mcleod crew and the kids took them to daycare. M has put in orders to make cocolate on the weekend and boy do I have some yummy chocolate to use on them a bit of Valaroha! mmmmmm I am inspired to do a cupcake decorating course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I made some Nigella Lawson ones yesterday for Jbird's V. day lunch (they are pink and purple, the poor man will be teased) and they are yummy. But not nearly as yummy as the white ones I made for this post.

    ReplyDelete