Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm a Sun Cat

I love the sun, love capturing it, and enjoying it indoors as well as out.  Our first place in Baltimore was sunless.  It was basically a cave and needed the lights on all day during the peak of winter.  Luckily we had a nice stoop which got sun all day and there was a park near by.  Our second place had lovely lovely morning sun.  It was east facing with a lovely bay window which even gave us a glimpse of the South which is the sunniest face a window can have in the Northern hemisphere.  I know it doesn’t take a genius to work this out but I know it because my parents' house is North facing in NZ and we love the sunlight their lounge gets, though her furniture doesn’t!
 
Our current apartment has both East and West facing walls so we get sun for a large portion of both the morning and the afternoon.  In the mornings I stretch out on our bed with my study and a coffee – sun is not conducive to staying awake!  Then in the afternoons I aim to have everything done by 4:30, when the sun really starts to come in those windows.  Today we rearranged the lounge so that our table - which is where we study - isn’t directly in the sunlight and I can lie on our couch with a good book and enjoy its splendours.

Probably the sunniest spots will be stolen by the pot plants soon enough but they are currently enjoying being outdoors while the weather remains mild.

1 comment:

  1. I too love the sun, I could do with a neer ending summer...Although I do love to see all the beautiful soft new growth in spring and the rainbow of colours in autumn.

    ReplyDelete