Monday, October 31, 2011

Getting outta bed

This morning I STRUGGLED to think of a good enough reason to get out of bed.  Out of bed, there’s coffee, baking and pottering to be done, as well as an intellectually stimulating essay to write.  Today is bread baking day and I am even buying some yarn for a knitting project.  In bed, I was a bit bored, getting depressed and not feeling very cozy, yet I found myself pondering over whether or not coffee would be worth it?  Duh, of course it is!  I know it’s nicer to be up, doing all that fun stuff, than lying in bed where my head goes into all sorts of tangles, based around the one word: “why?” Now that I’m up and about, I’m visibly happier (to myself, if no one else – my coffee was delicious).  
 
Unfortunately, as winter looms, and the weather keeps getting cooler, it will probably get harder.  Please don’t get me wrong, the day we have kids and jobs and things that force me out, I will miss these days.  But at the moment, I am my sole motivator.  Every day.  And that intrinsic motivation is hard to maintain.  Ask any educator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment