Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fattening the Calf


Tonight, I realised I had a bunch of Korean type ingredients all on hand, waiting to be used: spring onions, thinly sliced beef, baby bok choy, sesame seeds, sesame oil, snow peas.  Even a tub of kimchi!  I NEVER have that stuff!  The ingredients were screaming at me to make beef bulgogi.  Beef bulgogi is always best when you can just keep eating it so I made a lovely large mound and then quickly steamed/fried the veges (adding broccoli too).  You can get the recipe here: http://www.koreanhomefood.com/?p=138 I used my cast iron pan as the bbq/grill. 

I tried to leave lots out for Jbird, he's all skin and bone at the moment from biking to and from school a couple times a day, but it was hard to stop guzzling.  My stomach kind of aches...but it was so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment