Friday, October 7, 2011

Roasted Red Peppers

Our friend, Morris, gave us at least 20 red capsicum.  They are huge, juicy guys.  We could’ve taken more but I told him my kitchen had no more room.  What a treat!  I’ve always wanted to make roasted red peppers but we never have enough to spare. Today was the day!  It’s super easy, (and set our fire alarm off at least three times).  The sound of the skin popping as it chars is followed quickly by a sweet singed smell. 

Unfortunately, I made yummy pasta sauce yesterday, caremalised onions last week and lemon curd the week before (yum yum yum for my tum tum tum), so I only had a few jars left.  After extensive deliberation on this dilemma, I decided to condense a lot of them down further and make some roasted red pepper pesto.  I don’t think an open jar of roasted red peppers is meant to be kept in the fridge too long (and there are only two of us to gobble it all down) but pesto seems to last longer.  

I used the pesto part of this recipe http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Roasted-Pepper-Pesto_tomato-Pizza-Recipezaar.   

Even after making all of this, and giving Sophie a few, we have more to spare!  What would you do with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment