Monday, October 3, 2011

Social Anxiety

Moving out-of-state and internationally has this phenomenal ability to make you feel all alone in the world, even though I moved with the person closest to me in the world (I definitely take Jbird for granted) and now live down the road from my sister-in-law.  I also have daily reminders from people who love me in other places. Just today, I received a package from DC and a lovely phone call from two friends in Baltimore. Every day, somebody emails me from NZ.  I really don't have anything to complain about.  

I had an experience on Saturday where I had two social events to go to.  At the first one, I only knew the hosts.  I became all shy and couldn’t think of how to talk to anyone - I wanted to run out of there as quickly as possible.  This took away all interest of going to the second event.  Miraculously at the event, I was seated at a table where I had met two of the people before (I swear they were the only two people I knew in a room of 70).  I also met a lady who works for a world wide missions organisation and we had a lot in common.  I was even invited to join a book club!  I know who engineered this.  There was a great sermon at church the next day, telling me I cannot expect to be blessed by worship (I don't take this just to be time spent at church but also time spent in every-day relationship-building) but am there to be a blessing.  It was absolutely perfect timing for my selfish-introverted ways.  Love ya’ll.  Miss you! 

1 comment:

  1. hey lady, thanks for sharing about how God's been taking care of you. :) encouraging for me to hear too! love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete