Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tonsils, are you there?


For at least a week, maybe longer, I’ve felt as though I was getting food stuck at the very back of my throat.  At first I would try doing that rather uncivilised hoik at the back of my throat to get it out.  Then I’d blow my nose super hard.  Now I kind of squeeze the back of my throat over the lump. 

Since then, I commented on my friend’s fb feed about her tonsils being able to grow back if she gets them removed.  They do, by the way, my friend had his removed TWICE.  Today it dawned on me.  Maybe what I can feel isn’t food.  Maybe my tonsils have grown back!?  I had a look by the light of a torch and there are two round things back there I'm sure are tonsils.  Nobody really has a use for those little guys yet they can be removed and grow back.  I find this fascinating.  Now that I have solved the mystery, I can stop being irritated and get used to having something back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment