Thursday, November 17, 2011

Preparing for home


In preparation to go home next Friday, EIGHT SLEEPS FROM NOW, I have bought 144 votive candles and their glass holders for a very special wedding, written a Christmas letter for family and a few select friends, and am receiving packages in the post for things people want from the States that are more expensive or not available at home.  Clothes from baby gap (so cute, Madstar and Haz are lucky little people), cowboy belts for the resident cowboy (Mr. Bird, Sr.), and a kindle for some cuzzies (still waiting, I hope it gets here in time).  Older-sis ordered a bunch of American mags too, so I’m trying to get through those.   

I am also in the process of finishing off our New Zealand Christmas shopping. “Finishing off” is an exaggeration.  I should say, starting.  Fortunately, my study has finished, placing me into a very wintery summer holiday, so I have the time to concentrate on all these things.  Unfortunately, I am far more inclined to knit and watch old episodes of the Mary Tyler Moore show.  I should get on it though.  We have dinner engagements and thanksgiving to get through before I leave.  Oh, and the black Friday sales the morning I leave.  

Really, I have no complaints.

6 comments:

  1. Black Friday Sales?? You might have to blog about that! We hope the Kindle arrives too, it is, according to email correspondence, on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few more bits too is it too late?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's not too late if they get here on time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some stuff I want from Wlmart do you have one of them in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  5. not really, it's a drive away. We're close to Target and bed bath n beyond though. Plus I have a coupon for bb n b. 20% off. But not loads and loads of space anymore. Talk tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete