Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Double Boiler Madness

The idea of making anything with a double boiler can seem a little overwhelming.  I have found it gets easier/smoother/quicker the more I do it.  It only took me 15 minutes to make chocolate mousse just now!  That doesn't include the dishes, of course.  I’ve given up trying to skip using a double boiler too, as I will always ALWAYS over-cook/burn/scramble the food if I do.

The trick is to get that water boiling as soon as you step in the kitchen.  If it’s ready and waiting for you when you need it, you don’t then resent it while you’re waiting for it to come to the boil.  I’ve come to enjoy being glued to the pot too, as the food thickens and its temperature slowly rises.  It’s only yummy food, after all, and doesn’t resent you having little tastes as it reaches its desired quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment