Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Thirteen Hour Flight

Two days ago I was dressed for winter, snuggling under a rug, recovering from Thanksgiving.  The sun set before 6pm, the early morning was chilly, and the trees were bare.  I had to duck away from a biting wind while biking to the Black Friday sales.  Though my accent was tending towards an American lilt, a day didn't go by that I wasn't asked where I was from.

Today I went body-boarding in the ocean, I am wearing jandals and torn jeans, I have a slight burn on my shoulders, and black sand between my toes.  It's still light at 8pm, all the trees are covered in vibrant green leaves, and there are flowers everywhere.  I have to remember to stay on the left hand side of the road while I drive.  My accent is normal.  

Today we had a picnic at a summery Christmas concert and I received sloppy chocolatey kisses from HarryBarry and Madsta. 

Today, you are there and I am here.  Jbird, I miss you. 


3 comments:

  1. We are loving having you home!! Yeah for us. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and to think for selling my soul to only 3 more IU opera productions, I could afford to be there to enjoy it with you... haha jk

    Love and miss you so much babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being home, Kate!

    ...except, Jbird, that you loved being in that opera, so it's not exactly 'selling your soul'.

    ReplyDelete