Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On ya bike


There’s nothing like riding a bike down hill to keep you focussed on the moment.  Rushing past trees, the road below, the cars all around.  It can be exhilarating.  Bloomington has a healthy number of hills too.  

Jbird and I have been getting around on bikes for about a year now and it has improved our standard of living greatly – places that would take an hour to walk to, are now only 15 minutes away.  It also means we are getting exercise every day.  We have put a crate on the back of mine, making grocery shopping by bike more manageable.  In this town, no one shouts out the windows at me to “get on the sidewalk” either: Baltimore could be quite terrifying on a bike.

It’s fun to ride together and the weather has been largely gorgeous since we moved here.  People often say “what a beautiful day for a bike ride” when we pull up and we agree!  The physical activity leaves me feeling as though I’ve achieved something too.  As long as it’s not raining and I’ve brought enough clothing to keep me warm, I’m happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment