Sunday, November 20, 2011

On writing

I was talking to a new blogger buddy at church today.  It was nice to share this thing that we have in common, and to realise that it’s changed my life in a little way. 

The regularity of this blog was something that I needed when I started.  It helped me to keep it up and to fill a void I had from moving to a new town.  It hasn’t been too much of a challenge, so far, to write something and publish it every day but I don’t know if that will change soon.  My life is a little busier now and it’s sure to be even busier next year.  Most of it will be study busyness, and blogging is a nice distraction from that.  I’m going home on Friday for two weeks and the travel will delete an entire day from life - I just won’t see Saturday (I get two Sundays on the way back here).  It will be Thanksgiving just before I leave so I’m sure to have lots to write about and pre-schedule for those travel days.  I’ll just have to take the trip as it comes though, maybe I’ll miss a day or two.  Maybe I’ll be able to keep on top of it.  We’ll see.

The best part of this blog is that the voice that talks to me while I’m going about my day, my inside voice, has taken to composing blogs.  It’s quite nice - I will be lying in bed and realise I’ve thought up three new posts and I’d better get a pen to write them down.  I think it might even help me to avoid the negative voice that often likes to chime in.   

Here’s to writing regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment