Monday, November 7, 2011

The first Saturday of the month


...is a fun day in the Bird house – its half price day at the local op. shop <thrift store>.   Its taken me a while to reconnect with my love of op shops.  I have to take a deep breath when I first walk in and get stuck in for the long haul, carefully going through each section, looking at individual items to find their potential.  I’ve stopped making plans to do anything immediately afterwards, as it’s often a big job to get our finds home.  The one in Baltimore was a bit dusty so I could never bring myself to go through the clothes (I have an allergy to dust which obliterates my skin) but everything seems pretty clean here.  

This time, we got a brand new duvet/comforter (i.e.: still in its box) for our spare bed for just $15.  I got 3 cute skirts, a dress and a pair of adidas track pants.  We got some glass food storage jars and a photo frame for a wedding picture.  It has been frame-less since the glass got broken on our move out here.  Jbird found another picture in a frame for our walls. We got all this for a grand total of $38.  Half price day is GOLD day! Unfortunately, I’ll be in NZ for the next one (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it). 

I think ‘op’ is short for opportunity and I know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment