Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tying up loose ends


I ensconced myself in the corner of our lounge last night with the Mary Tyler Moore show, a bowl of chips and a bottle of water.  I had decided to force myself to finish off the three months worth of knitted/crocheted items I had overflowing from my craft box.  My friend, MK, tells me – with all the wisdom of a life-long artist and as a much more experienced crochet-hook worker – that I should enjoy this part of the job.  It’s creating the final product.  Particularly with the amigurumi toys I have been fond of making.  Your crochet skills almost don’t matter, as the sculptor, sewing them together is what gives them their character.  Do a bad job of it and you can end up with one funny looking toy.

I’m far more prone to let myself “do it later” than I would like to be because five hours later I had a cramp in my right hand and I had still not finished! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the wisdom from your friend! I'll apply that to writing. :) Have a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have been able apply it to something else too, as I started writing this post, I was thinking a lot about all the loose ends I'm trying to tie up at the moment, before I leave and I wondered if I'd been a bit obscure about my real meaning. If you know what I mean.

    I will! Have a happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete