Monday, December 19, 2011

A Wintery Christmas

It has taken a while to sink in that I have returned to winter.  The trees finally became bare while I was away and temperatures now hit zero or below frequently.  It takes me 5 minutes to undress every time I arrive somewhere.  Gloves, boots, hat, scarf, jacket, and a little bit later: sweater, are all peeled off so that I resemble a human instead of a lumpy snowman.  Our blinds are pulled at 5pm to ward off the cold.

Jbird, Soph, and I have been invited to house/dog/pot plant sit for the week over Christmas.  The perks are cable t.v. (holiday specials) and the loan of their car.  Their Christmas tree is about five times the size of ours.  To me, it's also the possibility of having a holiday away from home when we can least afford it.  Unfortunately, there is no snow forecast for Christmas.  Maybe it will surprise us?

No comments:

Post a Comment