Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Light a candle in my window

Because we have a car this week, as we look after Ella the puppy, we get to drive around and look at all the Christmas decorations on people's houses.  I'm at the point where if a house hasn't been decorated, I'm disappointed in the owner.  I'm not fussy, just a strand of lights would be fine!  There are some that are really, really decorated.  They're exciting to see and often catch our attention for almost too long - it could be dangerous if you're the driver.  There are giant moving snowmen.  Blue trees.  The Grinch that stole Christmas.  Any more than ten yard ornaments and I wonder if they're part of a competition.

The house we're in has candles in the windows.  The first time I saw these in Baltimore, I thought they were really cheesy.  Now I consider them homey and inviting.  The house also has a wrapped door, as though it were a gift, and a tree covered with lights on a timer.  It's simple but nice, especially with it being so cold out.

I never thought I'd say this but when we live in a house, we're looking forward to decorating it for Christmas.  A little.  Maybe a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment