Thursday, December 22, 2011

Uh Oh, she's losing it

I had a moment in Walmart yesterday where I wanted to be that bratty kid, lying on the floor, tantruming.  It was pretty sad.  Do you ever get like that?  To make matters worse, I didn't get it under control and actually hopped out of the car at the lights and walked for a bit.  It helped me let off some steam but made Jbird feel pretty stink, I'm sure.

Since then I have been thinking about the privilege of having people, and how I sometimes take that for granted.  Day to day life is not always going to go my way, no matter what I do.  Other people are involved too, luckily, and it's actually much nicer to live life with people.  Like the schools of little fish in the stream that I bike passed on the way to the supermarket - it's better to swim against the current with the school, growing bigger and stronger together, than to stay in the shallows remaining small, weak, and alone.

At this time of year, I bet there a bunch of people who have to be alone but I have friends and family to be with.  Lucky little me.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, feelings eh! Sometimes I honestly don't understand God's point with giving us these strong emotions, so easily controlled by tiredness, hormones etc. So easily getting us into trouble...

    ReplyDelete