Saturday, December 10, 2011

Girl's Night

Whenever I stay at my sister's house we eat and drink too much and fall asleep too early.  This time she had gone shopping at Sabato for lovely ingredients: valaroha chocolate (oh my!), fancy cocoa, dried strawberries and figs and other lovelies.  Even though she was tired after the usual excessive Saturday activities with two lovely children, we sucked it up and baked two types of biscotti.   Chocolate and Hazelnut, and Christmas Mix.  K.-Stakkas and I enjoyed the crumbs, I will have to sneak a little taste into my suitcase for Jbird. 

It is loads easier to bake with more than one person.  Biscotti is twice baked, the first is a log but then it's cut and rebaked.  The issue comes in the crumbling, how do cafes do it?  It was lovely and fast to cut with two people.

With a couple glasses of Strawberry Lindeur, highlighted by chopped fresh strawberries, we baked, had pedicures, and watched Bridesmaids.  This was a perfect movie after the recent sisterly nuptials where we were bridesmaids three and four.  We're looking forward to getting to know the new family member - too bad Jbird and I are soooooo far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment