Friday, December 9, 2011

I've hit the mother-load

To replace the candles and Christmas goodies I brought here from Bloomington, I'm taking back with me: a new wardrobe, including both summer and winter items hand-me-downs from the pretty trendy Bride (who's also moving cities and had a purge) and last season's winter classics from Glassons; hand-me-down towels from the elder sister; old duvet covers for rag rugs and excessive amounts of yarn from a lovely crafty Aunt-who-understands; marmite and golden syrup for me; six loaves of vogels and eight packets of timtams for the Birds in Bloomington who miss home; textbooks for both Jbird and I; and a few Chrissy pressies. I'm still considering taking a bunch of succulent clippings over, but I'm not sure whether they'll get through American customs.

I feel weird.  I want to go but I want to stay. Life feels like it's ready to go back to normal here but it's not normal anymore so I have to go there.  One more day at the beach, a drive to Hamilton to help the newly-weds move in, and a meal with family, and I'll be on the plane.  Fly away little birdie.

2 comments:

  1. We'll miss you! But this is just a small part of your life now - the heart of it lies across the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was weird to not really see you at church yesterday! I'm glad we can keep in touch via blogging.

    ReplyDelete