Monday, December 26, 2011

The Movie Experience

I have a love hate relationship with popcorn at the movie theatres.  On the one hand, I always end up with bits stuck in my teeth, scattered all over my person and seat, and a funny feeling in my stomach.  On the other, it is delicious and makes you feel like you're at the movies.  

We saw Tintin in 3D on our annual boxing day trip to the theatre.  We didn't get popcorn but I definitely felt like we were at the movies - it's such a fun, exciting film to see.  Did you read the comics when you were younger?  I did, and I also loved seeing the images plastered all over Brussels on my trip to Europe with Syls in 2005.  I'm amazed at how accurately the movie portrayed many of the same story lines I read.  The images and characters were well represented - it was fun to see it all in motion.  Pre-movie, I couldn't muster much interest in going to this one, I thought it might be too dull. I definitely walked out with a smile on my face, ready for a late left-over feast back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment