Sunday, January 15, 2012

Slow cooker goodness: yum yum yum

Because we bought the slow cooker in the summer, I may have overdone it a bit in those hot months and almost forgot to use it for its intended purpose - warm soul food, a must for the winter.  I pulled it out this week, when I was feeling particularly lackadaisical about cooking and it has revived our evening meals.  Thick, juicy beef stew, beef and bean chili con carne (or simply 'chili' as we call it here), and chicken tikka masala.  A yummy, hearty meal which smells divine while it is slowly cooking and then is always ready without much fuss.  With only two of us, it always stretches to at least two meals.  

I'm going to go and make some corn bread for tonight's chili.  My stomach is growling at the prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment