Saturday, January 21, 2012

Icy Winter Wonderland

I know I have been posting about the weather a lot recently but it kind of rules my life at the moment!  The passed two days have been still, heavy sky days.  Snow was forecast constantly but never came through, it was just cold.  So cold I couldn't go out without mittens on.  Then last night it rained and froze.  The pavements are frozen over, our bikes have icicles hanging off them, the grass snaps when we walk on it.  Soph had to go to a rehearsal and she spent ten minutes trying to get up a little hill outside her house.  She kept sliding down so she gave up and went back inside.

It's kind of a bummer for Jbird and I as this is our busiest work day.  We normally have students in the morning and this afternoon I'm babysitting.  Unfortunately, our students had to cancel - they couldn't get here safely.  I don't know if I'm more disappointed about the loss in income or the fact that my little one practiced, a lot, and might have had a great lesson.  

Here's hoping for a slight rise in temperature so that everything can defrost, and life can continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment