Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fluffy fluffy pancakes

I grew up eating crepes as pancakes, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  My favourite topping was ice cream and jam as a dessert.  We only occasionally had what we called 'griddle cakes' as the fluffy pancake Americans know.  We often had the kiwi favourite, pikelets, for afternoon tea which is very similar.  But different.  

I have never kept a standard recipe for fluffy 'American' pancakes.  Every time we want them, I end up looking online for a new recipe.  I find unique flavoured recipes fun but I'm never that interested in revisiting them, maybe because they require special ingredients.  For example, carrot cake pancakes or cranberry ricotta pancakes.  Recently, I came across a great recipe which had very normal ingredients but it also added 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda.  This made them fluffy fluffy fluffy.  I was nervous that they'd be too salty so I used the sieve for the dry ingredients and they were awesome.  I think I've finally found my go-to recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment