Monday, January 23, 2012

Fruit Cake Postlude

I wonder if you've been reading long enough to remember the two posts I wrote about Christmas fruitcake, here and here.  I thought I would let you know how the American versions turned out, I haven't had any reports regarding the New Zealand one.  We finished the first one last week and we've made a start on the second one.  They are crumbly and rich.  The crumbliness is because I used a NZ recipe and guessed on the required flour quantity, obviously not decreasing it quite enough.   

We have so many treats - timtams, biscotti, and fruitcake, I hardly remember to get to the latter.   Unfortunately I normally add it on at the end of lunch and it makes me feel a tad ill, it being so rich and me being partially full already.  I'll have to try for my afternoon tea snack tomorrow with a cuppa.  

Here's to a month of fruitcake!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm the NZ version was definately mmmmmmmm. Thank you Annabel for the mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad. Actually, I think I asked Andy and he'd given it the thumbs up already. I was exaggerating for my readers. Was it like sitting down to eat fruitcake with me? You were eating me through the fruitcake...

    ReplyDelete