Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Wintry New Year's Day

Jbird and I worked hard on New Year's Eve.  We taught and then babysat five little ones.  It's a reminder of how different life is here.  At home, as teachers, we'd be at the beach on our Summer Holiday.  Work would not be on our agenda for either the 31st or the 1st. I don't have many opportunities to work here, so when I do, it is a privilege.   Even better: to be able to work with my husband.  We finished at 9pm and we had a party afterwards, with Soph.  It was a blast.  I didn't regret our decision to work on a day that might normally feel like a holiday.

I'm not good at making and keeping New Year's resolutions.  This year, I have only one but it hits all facets of my life.  It is to remain focused on the important things.  That may sound vague to you, but my life isn't too complicated so they're easy for me to see.  They are: my role as a wife, sister, daughter, friend, and teacher; being good with our budget; my study; church; and building new friendships.  Crafts, this blog, music, and making food, are incidental, lovely parts of my life, but they're not too important.  Sounds simple, huh?  I have a sense of excitement about this coming year.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment