Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Beautiful Portrayal

We saw a really nice movie the other day.  It's called 50/50 and it's about a young guy's battle with a rare cancer.  The guy is portrayed by the youngest cast member of Third Rock from the Sun, Joseph Gordon Levitt.  As he goes through this life changing crisis, he reaches a point of complete alone-ness.  He comes out of that to see there are people who love him and were simply showing their love in ways that he couldn't always identify with.  I found myself having a little lady crush on the psychologist too - she is so cute and acts her part so awkwardly.  It's perfect.  I don't want to say more than that because I think you should see the movie.

It was such a human and yet beautiful portrayal of love.  I wonder if I am able to find that love in my life, without needing a near death experience.

NB: If you are sensitive to language from today's popular culture, you may be distracted/upset by some content.

No comments:

Post a Comment